Our next ABLE family support gathering will be at 7 pm, WednesdayMay 22nd, at St James Anglican Church, 7 Bond St E, Fenelon Falls.
Come share your challenges and dreams with other families on the journey!
… Probably, like most of us, a life filled with…
- opportunities to do what we enjoy and are good at
- friends and family who like to spend time with us
- having a sense of control in our life
- meaningful work and other activities that build a sense of pride
- being appreciated and respected for who we are
- contributing to our neighbourhood and community
- a home that we can invite others to
- getting the unique support we need to be all we can be
ABLE is your local vehicle to help make that happen for members of our community with intellectual disabilities.
We are parents, family members and allies working together to remove the barriers to a good life for our loved ones, and to build a more inclusive community for all.
We meet once a month, at St. James Anglican Church parish hall, to learn about one another’s hopes and challenges, educate ourselves, hear about “best practices” and successful initiatives in other communities, develop practical strategies to meet local needs, and support one another on this challenging but inspirational journey.
- Diane Engelstad (Co-ordinator)
- Jim Armstrong (Co-ordinator)
- Heather Parks (Administrator)
Mailing address is:
Box 186, 42 Lindsay Street
Fenelon Falls, K0M1N0